Weblog of a Christian philosophy student

Weblog of a Christian philosophy student. Please feel free to comment. All of my posts are public domain. Subscribe to posts [Atom]. Email me at countaltair [at] yahoo.com.au. I also run a Chinese to English translation business at www.willfanyi.com.

Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, January 02, 2009

The Trinity

Part of a forum post

...I find the idea of simplicity in infinity is interesting because (as an aside) it makes sense of the trinity (to me). In finite logic 1 + 1 = 2. So one orange plus another orange equals two oranges. Now what happens if you apply finite logic to infinity? We don't know the value of infinity, so let's just say that infinity = 'X' and leave 'X' undefined. According to the logic in the orange example, 'X' + 'X' + 'X' = 3X. But infinity always has the same value. So 'X' + 'X' + 'X' also equals 'X'. That implies that 3 = 1. I think that when we look at our infinite God with finite reasoning we always see three equal Gods, but they would really be one if we looked at them with infinite reasoning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home